北乔治亚大学是一所以教学为主的大学，学校非常注重教学质量。学生与教授的比例低，大部分的专业课都在40 个学生以下，学生随时可以得到教师的个别关注。校园坐落在国家公园边上，美丽恬静，到处是绿树草坪。校内各类设施高度现代化，图书馆学习环境一流，各类运动场所齐全,包括健康服务中心。少数族裔学生人数低于学生总人数的 5%，亚裔学生不到1%。为刚来美国的学生提供了一个非常难得的语言和文化环境。
北乔治亚大学和美国历史最悠久的公立大学乔治亚大学(University of Georgia) 、享有盛誉的有南方MIT
之称的乔治亚理工学院(Georgia Institute of
CENTER FOR LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Top 10 Reasons to Study English at the CLE!
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at the University of North Georgia (UNG) offers an Intensive English Program for international students seeking admission to study in an American university or advance one’s career opportunities.
1. Accredited by the SACS-COC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges.)
2. Provides excellent university preparation to successfully meet the requirements of advanced English reading, writing, speaking, listening, and creative thinking skills for an American university classroom.
3. 95% of all CLE students transition to UNG and average GPA 3.3/4.0 for the first year college.
4. Follows UNG calendar: a 16-week program in spring and fall. CLE classes: 9-11:50am, 2-4:00pm.
5. Allows CLE students to study and live on the UNG campus as well as interact with American university students.
6. Integrates essays, authentic college-level literature, note-taking from a university lecture, presentations, and classroom discussions and seminars.
7. Develops creative thinking and communication skills in all CLE students.
8. Small class size offers individual attention from high quality CLE instructors.
9. Opportunities to observe classes at UNG to gain first- hand experience; individual tutoring and partner with UNG students for conversation practice.
10. Learn about American history and culture; Regular field trips and cultural activities.
No TOEFL will be required for undergraduate admission to UNG after successfully completing the advanced Intensive English Program class in the CLE.
Tuition and Fees: $5,300 USD per semester (fees include books, university fees, field trips, and airport transportation). Dorm and meals cost: $4,800 USD
Application Deadline: June 1st for fall semester
November 1st for spring semester
For more information about the CLE, visit: www.ung.edu/cle
Situated in a picturesque region of the state, Dahlonega is surrounded by the natural beauty of mountains, streams, and abundant forests. Dahlonega is located one hour from a large city – Atlanta, Georgia – but far enough away in a small, all- American town that is safe, friendly, and welcoming.
1. University of North Georgia (UNG) was founded in 1873, the second-oldest public university in Georgia.
2. Top 25 public regional Universities of the South’s Best Value for Education by U.S. News & World Report.
3. One of the nation’s 100 best values in public universities according to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine.
4. The only four-year, coeducational, liberal arts, public institution among the six Senior Military Colleges in the nation.
5. Mike Cottrell School of Business was accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (only 5% of institutions in the world hold AACSB accreditation).
6. Offers a dual bachelor’s degree program in physics and engineering between UNG and Georgia Technology Institute, a famous American technology institute.
7. UNG provides a seamless transfer to the University of Georgia (UGA), and other famous American universities in Georgia since UNG belongs to the same education system.
8. UNG’s is a teaching institution: class size is small and its low faculty-to-student ration allows students to receive personal attention in and outside the classroom.
9. UNG’s international student’s population is less than 2%, providing an excellent environment for English learners.
10. Low tuition and fees: $8,650 USD per semester for out- of-State and international students.
Presidential Tuition Waivers (pay in-state tuition) are available for international students who complete the advanced class in the CLE.
For more information about UNG, visit: www.ung.edu
北乔治亚大学 (University of North Georgia ) 在美国新闻周刊最新2014 年南方地区(12 个州)总排名55，公立大学排名22。于2013年1月8日由北乔治亚学院与州立大学和另外一个州立学院合并命名为北乔治亚大学。有四个校区，分别在Dahlonega(主校区，632亩)，Gainsville，Cumming，和Oconee，学生总数近16000人，主校区学生有近6000人。